Thursday, February 1, 2024

THE WHARTON MONEYBALL ACADEMY CLIMATEBALL MBA

I tuned in to the Mann v. Steyn trial today during a statistician's testimony, and was for some moments unsure whether he was testifying for Mann or Steyn.

This ambiguity may reflect Prof. Abraham Wyner's academic focus at Trump's alma mater, the Wharton Business school, where, says its website, he:
 is the faculty lead on the soon-to-be-announced Sports Analytics Program at Wharton, as well as the co-host and co-creator of the Wharton Moneyball radio show on Sirius XM , and founder of the Wharton Moneyball Academy."

at which point I turned to Mark's Youtube list for comic relief,  which he duly provided :

" I was in my tux and they were playing my song. I bounced out on stage, grabbed the mike and punched the air:

My Sharia Amour
Hot enough for Gulf emirs
My Sharia Amour
But I'm the guy she really fears


The audience seemed wary and an alarming number appeared to be reaching into their robes. But I ploughed on:

My Sharia Amour
Got her from an imam in Lahore
One of only four that I beat raw
How I wish that I had five.

There was a momentary silence, just long enough for me to start backing upstage nervously. And then the crowd went wild!

 The guys in the balcony cheered deliriously and hurled their machetes across the orchestra pit, shredding my pants. An Afghan wedding party grabbed their semi-automatics and blew out the chandeliers, sending them hurtling to the aisle, where they killed a Japanese camera crew. 

Tough luck, fellers, but that's what happens when you get between me and my audience. "