Wednesday, May 5, 2021

                 BLEATS, SHOOTS, AND LEAVES

 Why I’m Not Voting Conservative on Thursday – Or, Indeed, Ever Again…1

EX TORY ECOCRUCIFIER

Sell off the BBC, burn down all its buildings, salt the earth and sprinkle it with holy water and garlic...

Remove every bat-chomping, bird-slicing eco-crucifix from England’s green and pleasant land... burdened with hugely vulnerable white elephants like that silly giant aircraft carrier... 

Bloody bat-chomping, bird-slicing eco-crucifixes everywhere, despoiling the land, ruining every sea view ... 


YES, BUT WHAT ABOUT PHEASANT-STRANGLING?-- 

The joy of a day spent bagging almost no birds


  

Spectator Australia 19 November 2019

" The highlight of my country calendar is... the worst shoot... a total of nine birds between us...

Some of us kept missing because... we’re simply lousy shots...  

I remember embarrassing myself by getting a bit too sentimental about a wounded cock I’d had to go in and finish off by hand. 
‘Goodbye, my dear handsome chap’ I muttered as, trying to ignore his beady, accusing eye, I stroked his bright feathers prior to wringing his splendid neck."